Thursday, February 02, 2006

The hell...?

What in the world is going on in the Lt. Gov. race? I turned my computer off just long enough to go to tonight's DFA meeting in Littleton and when I got there I found out that St. Fleur had dropped out of the race.

I thought someone was playing a joke on me.

If I had not been so busy today, I would have blogged about the Reilly/St. Fleur appearance on last night's Chet Curtis Report on NECN. It was actually pretty interesting. Reilly didn't say much and spent most of the interview looking rather gratefully at St. Fleur. St. Fleur had plenty to say about her background and what she added to the ticket and her desire to help people. She also spoke about opportunity, hope, community, and responsibility for each other. It sounded great, but it also sounded familar -- probably because Deval Patrick has been saying something similar ever since he started his campaign.

This whole running mate thing has been a train wreck from the git-go. Bottom line: Mr. AG, you're not the boss of me, and I don't need anyone to tell me who to vote for, so knock it off.

And if I hear the word "unity" one more time from so-called activists/party loyalists who think that we should all "go along to get along" I'm gonna start pinching heads off.

Andrea Silbert is right. The voters will decide who the Lt. Gov. will be, not the AG.