Monday, August 15, 2005

Tiger Mother, Cindy Sheehan Begins Second Week of Vigil

Great article from theBBC on the tradition of women working for peace.

"There is a tiger-mother in most of us women, something that says 'don't put my son or my daughter in this position."

Cindy Sheehan continues her now, 10 day vigil in Crawford, TX. According to her diary at DailyKos

Speaking of George, I understand that he was riding his bike yesterday out at the ranch. (I hope no London Bobbies got in his way). He took a 2 hour bike ride and when he got back, he was asked how he could go for a two hour bike ride when he doesn't have time to meet with me, and he said: "I have to go on with my life." (Austin Statesman, August 14)

Nice. Doesn't he think that Mrs Sheehan would like to get on with her life too? Oh, I forgot - George doesn't think. He just does what he's told.

Stay stong, Cindy. We've got your back. There were vigils here in Boston this weekend and more planned this Wednesday, August 17 at 7:30 p.m. The location has not been decided on yet. I'll post that information when I get it.

Keep your eyes on the prize.