Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Catching up

I love summer because I get to see my family in California, but it cuts into my computer time, and that is a drag. So I'm gonna just sum up here:

Good Night, Peter Jennings

My mom and I used to watch World News Tonight when I still lived at home. We used to giggle over how he would say, "a-boot" and "nee-ka-rrrrrgua" He was one of the last great news anchors. I was kind of mad at him for going at President Clinton, but when I look back, I suppose he was fair, but tough. You don't really see that in a journalist anymore. Olbermann does the best Jennings tribute on Countdown.

Politics

I am disappointed in my regional democratic meet-up group. Last month, I went to the meeting and the organizer didn't show up. Didn't call. Didn't e-mail. That's just rude. I e-mailed him, but I never got any reply. Not a good sign.

Yeah, so somehow I am now the Town Captain for the Duval Patrick campaign. I went to a organizational meeting last month, talked to a few people, and the next thing I know... Aye, aye, captain! I'm usually more of the worker bee type, but I'll give it a try. I'm probably one of two people in my town who even know who Duval Patrick is. So far anyway. I guess I have some work to do.