Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's been quite a year. I have been blessed with the gifts of good health and the love and support of my friends and family. It is, as the kids say, all good.

I'm off to my son's hockey tournament. I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon with my guys.

Before I sign off here, I recommend that you surf over to Marry in Massachusetts. As usual, Mass Marrier does a better job of blogging about what I blogged about, and so I thought I'd blog about that some more.

Among other great points about the importance of local blogging that Mass Marrier makes, he notes how linking blog to blog is an important part of our mission of continuing our conversations across towns and cities.

I can't tell you how important this has been to my blogging. I am not a policy wonk, or a political insider, but by reading blogs like Marry in Massachusetts and Left in Lowell and Blue Mass Group, I have learned so much about policy and candidates here in MA. I think that as blogging get more coverage in news, and by other blogs, more folks will read and add their voices to the blogsphere and that is a pretty damn good thing.