Sunday, February 12, 2006

Leone: Does he or doesn't he?

I've been busy with hockey this weekend (not me, silly - my son!) spending most of my Saturday up in Hanover, NH (Cavaliers 9/Hanover - 1) The guys played great so win or lose, that makes the two hour drive each way worth it (okay, winning is better!). Before I dashed out though, I did hear that Mike Festa has decided to drop out of the DA race. Shai at the DFA Blog for Cambridge has a nice wrap up.

It's really our loss out here in Middlesex County. I really like Mike Festa. He's a nice guy and great candidate. He has a lot of passion for the job, and I always enjoyed talking to him, as I saw him around on the campaign trail. I felt that Mike had the experience and the ideas that I thought made him well suited to be the next Middlesex DA. I'm sure he will bring that experience and passion to bear in his new project to put together a national resource center for state criminal justice policymakers. I wish him the best of luck.

So here's what I need to know. Does Gerry Leone support the death penalty or not? Mike Festa told me that Leone supports the death penalty, but I can't find anything on his website about it. I've contacted Leone's campaign and I hope to hear something soon.

This issue is very important to many people either for or against. I think all the candidates running should be upfront about where they are on this issue.