Monday, November 08, 2004

And So It Goes.

I think I've now waited the appropriate time since the election to try to articulate my feelings about it. I had to wait because I could not figure how to spell out a primal scream.

Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed with the outcome of the election.

I have given the election a lot of thought and I think I can boil my disappointment down to one particular issue: I think that a president should appeal to our hopes and dreams and not manipulate us with fear, anxiety and bigotry.

There are some organizations like Black Box Voting.com and Black BoxVoting.org looking into voter fraud. I don't know what to think about that. It's worrying to me that some communities used electronic voting machines that don't have a paper back up.

Now that the investigations have begun, some in the GOP are saying that the Dems are whiners/sore losers/crybabies....whatever. It's obvious that there needs to be a more transparent electronic voting process with a back up, auditable paper trail. That will help both parties in the long run.

There was a great report on voter irregularities on The Countdown with Keith Olbermann. He covers a lot of this report in his blog
Bloggermann

Keith is the only reporter I know who is working on this. Show him the love at
KOlbermann@msnbc.com

There is lot more written about this and other post-election issues at
Daily Kos. That is the best blog out there, in my opinion.