Thursday, September 29, 2005

Nora Knows, or Why I used to miss Bill Clinton too.

Nora Ephron reminisces about dreams long gone.

I broke up with Bill a long time ago. It's always hard to remember love - years pass and you say to yourself, was I really in love or was I just kidding myself? Was I really in love or was I just pretending he was the man of my dreams? Was I really in love or was I just desperate? But when it came to Bill, I'm pretty sure it was the real deal. I loved the guy.

So did I. Then there was the gays in the military thing. The NAFTA thing. The Monica thing.... yeah... bummer. And now, he seems more interested in not saying anything that could prevent Hilary from getting elected, when he could be taking a stand against the war. Or really against any of BushCo's policies. But I guess he likes hanging out with Bush 41 in Kennebunkport.