Thursday, September 01, 2005

All About the Benjamins


For Deval Patrick, campaign financing rears its ugly head

It is still early in the campaign, and I hope that once people hear more about Deval, they will be moved to support him, and to contribute. The campaign is realistic about the situation, but hopeful as well:

''They have years on us in terms of raising money and we will never catch them," Byrd said. ''But they will never catch us in terms of reaching out to people and running a real campaign." Patrick has enlisted support from 1,700 volunteers, he said.

As a student and stay-at-home mom, I have more time to give campaigns than money. I am a volunteer for Deval Patrick, but I would also urge folks who believe in Deval Patrick's campaign to give what they can.

I'm going to do what I can.