Monday, September 19, 2005

Solidarity demonstration in Boston 9/24

From AFSC:
Saturday, September 24, Boston MA
Can't Get Down To Washington...
For those who can't got to Washington where the big Peace Demonstration will be on 9/24, the regular 6 year old Saturday Vigil for the Iraqi People will be a place for those who want to show their support for the Washington demonstration and their opposition to the war in Iraq. We will make a strong statement of our own, that Boston wants peace in Iraq, even those who didn't make it to Washington.
Park St. T stop, The Boston Common, Downtown
For more information email nosanctions@yahoo.com or call 617/794-0546, 776-6524, 956-8461.


I will not be able to get to Washington for the big-ass anti-war demonstration. I am glad to hear that there is an alternative. I'll post more info when I get the details.

Update: I got an e-mail from the coordinator. The basic information is the same, about the location. The time is 1:00 PM at the Park Street T Stop, Boston Common, Downtown. I am going to try to attend. It's harder to make these things now that youth hockey season has started.