Sunday, November 28, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm still full from dinner...

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Good food. Got some stuff around the house and Ant had a hockey tournament. His team came in third. Not too shabby. It was a great time.

I have not been writing much lately. I'm hoping to change that. I've been doing a lot of reading lately. I've been trying to figure out what's going on in the world and what is a good way to contribute to change.

I have always been interested in politics. My first presidential election was 1984 Reagan Vs Mondale. I've been voting, plus or minus a few primaries, ever since. I have been to caucuses and rallies, but until this election, I had never volunteered. This year in particular it seemed very important to get involved. Ant and I worked for Senator John Kerry in New Hampshire. We knew that Kerry would win MA without a problem, but since NH was a swing state we decided we would focus our efforts there.

We met some very interesting and dedicated people and we actually had a pretty good time. Kerry won NH, so that was very gratifying for us. If only Kerry had done as well in Ohio...

Or did he...? The recount isn't finished yet, so it's hard to tell. I still have my Kerry/Edwards yard sign up. I'm waiting until every vote is counted.

I can't imagine that I will be able to sit here and wait for the next election. Once you get involved, I think you stay involved. We're only 2 years away from the mid-term elections and I think the Dems can use all the help they can get. I'm going to do my best to do my part.